In our complex world, it’s easy for modern Latter-day Saint women to feel they don’t fit the mold, especially in a culture that often focuses on traditional values and picture-perfect families. A Place to Belong is filled with distinctive stories written by twenty-five modern women of faith who show from their own lives that there’s more than one way to be a believing and contributing woman in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
This collection celebrates the diverse lives that women lead and how they navigate their twin commitments to women’s issues and to their faith. For some people, faith and feminism may seem incompatible, yet A Place to Belong illustrates how they can actually complement one another.
The women within this book, some well-known and others lesser-known, address a variety of topics, including
- finding their testimonies;
- balancing faith, family, and career;
- finding love and belonging as women within a culture that sometimes seems to misunderstand women’s issues;
- grappling with our history in a way that strengthens faith;
- faithfully dealing with “hard sayings” that can challenge testimonies;
- navigating an ethnic or cultural background that doesn’t seem to fit within the cultural core of the Church; and more.